Become a Diplomat
Aspiring to represent the Kingdom of Bahrain?
The Mohammed bin Mubarak Al Khalifa Academy for Diplomatic Studies is always looking to recruit the best and brightest from among Bahrain’s youth to create the new generation of the Kingdom’s diplomats.
The Academy will announce the opening of the application window for the position of Diplomatic Attaché, you will then be able to apply through this page.
The requirements and application process can be found below.
Application Process for the Position of Diplomatic Attaché
Arabic Language Exam
Applicants are interviewed by a committee of senior officials to determine their suitability for joining the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The committee assesses the performance of the applicants according to precise criteria that aim to evaluate their ability in analytical thinking and potential contribution to Bahraini diplomacy.
Junior Diplomats Program
Applicants who pass the previous steps take part in the 6 month long training program (3 months of lectures and workshops followed by a 3 month rotation in different directorates of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs).
There are two types of employment at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs:
– Administrative and Specialist recruitment: The Human Resource Department is responsible for receiving CVs and not the Academy.
– Diplomatic recruitment: the Academy is responsible for receiving submissions online once the registration opens.
- The applicant must be a Bahraini citizen
- Should not be older than 32 years old.
- Fluent in both Arabic and English (writing, reading, and speaking).
- Holds at least a Bachelor’s degree recognized by the Ministry of Education.
- Holds a proof of English language proficiency. One of the following English language certificates:
- IELTS: 6.5 and above
- TOEFL: 93 and above
- CAE, CPE: C and above
- Holders of the following certificates are exempt from the above
- A Levels
Once the applicant’s registration is confirmed, the Academy will contact you to confirm the Arabic placement test exam. Successful candidates will then do a written exam to ensure that they have the necessary knowledge in history, diplomacy and international relations. Successful candidates will then be interviewed by a panel. If successful, the candidate will then join a six-month foundation program. Kindly note that you are required to successfully pass the program to join the Ministry.
You are free to withdraw under any circumstances, but the Academy should be formally notified through a signed withdrawal letter sent by e-mail prior to the date of the written examination. In case of withdrawal without prior notification, the applicant is excluded and banned from applying for the following year’s examinations.